Nothing stays still in the social community/t'interweb/twittersphere but keeping up with & digesting what is relevant to you or your business & what is the latest fad is a full-time job!
Luckily there are some very clever people & platforms in the know. Here's my top 10 (said Tony Blackburn style):
- Mashable - Pete Cashmore & the Mashable team blend up-to-date social news with tech, the 'next big thing' blogs, video & so hot right now... memes
- Seth Godin - Philosopher meets author meets blogger with a solid computer background
- PR Association - NYC based Ed Bern tweets a relevant round-up of world PR, social and tech
- The Drum - magazine & website covering the gamut of comms from design to advertising & marketing
- Steve Farnsworth - A Forbes top 50 social media influencer & digital strategist Steve makes it in at number 5
- Mark Borkowski - a true dictionary definition of PR guru
- Mark Ragan - CEO of Ragan Communications, influential Twitter accounts include @PRDaily
- Tech Crunch - fast paced news website specialising in IT, digital & new startups
- Kim Garst - Author, Google+ queen, CEO of Boom! Social
- Drew Benive - Shaping communications for new media & successfully bending traditional marketing & PR, Drew is my one to watch. He's also an Evernote guru, PR Week Powerbook regular & apparently he wrote the Wikipedia entry for social media...
If that isn't enough to keep you busy have a look at the Business Grow blog about the Forbes top 50 as they tip the Forbes metrics on its head, netting you 60 or 70 key people, albeit with a US slant.